This position requires an experienced structural steel inspector and non-destructive testing technician. Minimum experience is five years with increasing responsibility. Certification by the International Code Council, American Welding Society (CWI), and previous qualifying experience and certification in accordance with ANSI/ASNT CP-189-2001 as a Level II MT/UT technician is required.
This position will perform as an entry to lead inspector on various projects responsible for the inspection and documentation of construction in the areas of structural steel, high strength bolting, coatings inspection, and non-destructive testing of welds using VT/UT/MT processes. Ability to properly interpret construction documents and prepare well-written and concise reports capturing all necessary elements is required.
A successful candidate must be able to properly follow directions, perform in a responsible manner with minimal oversight and foster professional relationships with customers, contractors and fellow employees. Additional experience as outlined below is preferred:
- Experience with commercial, K-12 schools and/or hospitals located in the State of California.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and time management skills.
- Construction experience for projects ranging in value from $1 million to $250 million.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Experience with non-conformance tracking, punch list preparation, attendance at site meetings.
- Self-motivated and results driven. Consistently able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.